We at Black Hills Institute strive to provide the highest quality products. We are confident you will be satisfied with your purchases. However, in the event any merchandise reaches you that is not to your satisfaction for any reason, we will do whatever we can within the parameters of our policies to ensure your satisfaction. Please read carefully the following information concerning your order.
Submitting an order through our site implies that you’ve read and agree with the policies outlined here.
Information we request from you is solely for the purpose of processing your order and/or keeping you informed of future offerings. Your information will not be sold or otherwise distributed.
BHIGR is not responsible for representational errors concerning merchandise on this site. Errors may be in the form of typos, products accidentally misrepresented by the wrong photo, or any other human error in the production of this site's pages. BHIGR does not engage in any business practice aimed at misleading customers. If you find or suspect any errors, please contact us.
We do our best to accurately represent the items we offer. If you have any questions or concerns about the items you are purchasing, please contact us. Merchandise shown on our site may vary in the following aspects:
- Natural fossil and mineral specimens will vary in form and color. No two natural items will be alike.
- The color of specimens and items represented on your computer screen may not be exact colors. Different monitors may display colors differently.
- Handmade replica material may vary slightly in form and color.
- Product photos do not represent the actual size of merchandise items. Approximate size is given in item description.
We warrant merchandise we produce to be as described and free of defects within our own exacting quality control guidelines. Defective merchandise must be reported within 5 days of receipt and the defect will be remedied by repair or replacement. For items we sell which we have not produced, the manufacturer's warranty applies and any warranty issues with the product should be addressed to the manufacturer.
While we try to stock many of the smaller items (cast claws & teeth, books, etc.) in sufficient quantity, many of the larger items we sell (cast skeletons & skulls, etc.) are created only when an order has been placed. Delivery of some products may be contingent upon BHI's production schedule. We will notify you with an estimated delivery schedule if any of the items you ordered are not in stock.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- Merchandise availability and prices are subject to change without notification.
- Merchandise will not be shipped until full payment is received unless a signed Sales Agreement is in place outlining a payment schedule, or the purchaser has an account with us.
Shipping prices shown on this site are estimated. Actual shipping costs may vary.
- UPS (United Parcel Service)
- USPS (United States Postal Service)
- FedEx (Federal Express)
- Freight Carriers: Yellow Freight, Midwest Motors, Conway Central Express, and/or UPS Supply Chain Solutions, at our option depending on material being shipped and destination. If you have a shipping preference, or prefer to arrange your own freight shipping, we will do our best to accommodate your request. Shipping charges on freight vary considerably. We will estimate the shipping charges for your order and you will be invoiced for this amount. When actual shipping costs are known, a credit or refund will be issued for any overpayment or an invoice will be issued for any underpayment.
We accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover Card, Bank Draft/Money Order and Traveler’s Checks. We also gladly accept your personal check and will process your order when your check has cleared. For wire transfers, contact us for routing information.
We are required to charge sales tax on purchases delivered to locations within the state of South Dakota, according to the location where you will take possession. For South Dakota orders, sales tax will automatically be added to your total amount due.
Most large or complex pieces require a signed Sales Agreement outlining a payment schedule, including a deposit to schedule and initiate the order.
You may cancel your order prior to our shipping it to you, however, items which require a deposit may only be canceled during the early stages of production, and you may be required to forfeit some, or all, of your deposit.
Whenever possible, BHIGR insures all packages shipped through the respective carrier. BHI is not responsible for damage, loss, or theft that results from the negligence of the carrier.
If the package your order arrives in appears to be damaged, open the package and inspect the contents before the delivery person leaves. Damage claims should be made with the shipping company. The delivery personnel should help you file the claim form.
If the delivery person has left and you discover damage later, save all shipping and packing material and contact the shipping company to file a claim.
With the exception of the return of defective merchandise, all shipping charges are the responsibility of purchaser. Returned items must be in original condition with no damage or wear. All returns must be processed within fifteen days of receipt of merchandise.
If you receive defective merchandise from us, no restocking fee or return shipping costs will be billed to you. Once defective merchandise has been received and inspected, it will be repaired, replaced, or refunded, at our option.
All shipping charges for exchanges are the purchaser's responsibility. If your new order, plus shipping and any applicable fees, is less than your refund value, we will (at our option) issue a refund or in-store credit. If your new order plus fees exceeds the refund value, we will notify you of the balance due; your new order will be shipped when we have received full payment.
If you require a cash refund rather than an exchange, replacement, or in store credit, a 15% restocking fee will be applied for items totaling less than $100.00. For items totaling more than $100.00 the restocking fee is 10%. The refund will be handled as follows:
- Orders paid with credit card: a credit will be issued to your credit card account for the price of the returned item minus the restocking fee.
- Orders paid with Bank Draft/Money Order or personal check: Once funds have been received from your check, we will send a check, from our company, for the value of merchandise returned minus the restocking fee.
The following policies are effective on all international orders:
- All orders must include complete Billing and Shipping information including a contact phone number.
- Payment in U.S. Dollars, by Credit Card, Bank Draft/Money Order, or Wire Transfer only.
- All other policies on this page are effective (where applicable).
If there are any other considerations or circumstances about your order that have not been discussed here or you have further questions, If there are any other considerations or circumstances about your order that have not been discussed here or you have further questions, contact BHIGR Web sales staff or call 605-574-4289 between 8 am and 5pm (US Mountain Time Zone) Monday thru Friday. or call 605-574-4289 between 8 am and 5pm (US Mountain Time Zone) Monday thru Friday.