The premier dinosaur magazine from Japan! The Dino Press periodical series was published in 2000 - 2002. Contains information about dinosaurs, pterosaurs, marine reptiles, and a variety of extinct animals from past geologic time periods. Well-known paleontologists, illustrators, and sculptors from all over the world contributed to Dino Press with their latest and interesting reports, theories, paintings, photos, and other work relevant to the scope of the magazine.
Beautiful and in-depth. Written in Japanese, with an accompanying B/W transcript of the text in English (including caption and figure descriptions).
The contents of this issue
- A Sue Site Surprise! (A New Pachycephalosaurid) By Henry Galiano and Carl Mehling
- Some Thoughts On The Art Behind The Science Of Paleontology By Michael Trcic
- Dinosaurs 2001 Column 3: Isanosaurus Text / George Olshevsky Illustration / Luis Rey & Tracy Ford
- A Bird's Eye View of Museums - Part 2 Germany Text & Illustration / Ichiro Fukuhara Translation / Shinobu Yamanaka
- Mexico 2000. The SVP Saga Continues: The post-meeting Saltillo Field Trip Text & Photo / Luis Rey
- Chocolosaurus 2!
- Tokyo International Mineral Fair Report / Yoshio Ito
- A Hundred Episodes on Ancient Animals Part 4: "Ichthyosaur" Text & Sculpture / Shinobu Matsumura Translation / Shunsuke Shibahuji
- Following Dinosaur Tracks in England Report / Ryuichi Kaneko Translation / Shinobu Yamanaka
- Enigmatic Spinosaurus Text & Illustration by Berislav Krzic
- Paleobiology of Large Carnivorous Dinosaurs, or Sex and Violence among the Theropods Ralph E. Molnar
- Storyboarding Valley of the T-rex By Peter Von Sholly
- Giant Pliosaurs and the Mysterious 'Megapleurodon' Darren Naish, Leslie F. Noe and David M. Martill
- Interview Gabrielle Lyon - Jan. 27, 2001 By Tony Campagna
- The Birds Came First: A Scenario for Avian Origins and Early Evolution Text / George Olshevsky Illustration / Luis Rey
- The Skull of Hypsilophodon, the Small Ornithopod Dinosaur from the Lower Cretaceous of England By Peter M. Galton